Current Top Sellers
BuildCircuit is an online store established in Sydney, Australia.
We design and sell basic electronic kits and Arduino modules.
Worldwide shipping available- we ship to USA, Canada, New Zealand, UK, EU and Non-EU countries. Shipped From Sydney, Australia
Description: This do-it-yourself (DIY) sound/clap operated switch can be used for switching your 100-240V AC electrical appliances. Usually, we use a clap switch to operate a lamp and it can easily do that for you. The kit responses to clap up to distance of 10 meters, but, the further you go, the louder the clap should be.
- Operates a 100-220V AC lamp with clap/loud sound.
- Supply voltage: 6V-9V.
- There are two supply input points: a DC barrel and a 2 pin screw terminal. You can use one of the points to power up the kit.
- Consists a PTC resettable fuse. Switches the circuit off if there is unexpected flow of current over 500mA.
- Dimension: 83.82mm x 49.53mm
- Relay specification: Activation voltage: 5V DC. Controls appliances operating at 10A 250VAC, 10A 125VAC, 10A 30VDC, 10A 28VDC. Suitable for Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand.
How did we make it ?
This DIY clap-switch is a combination of two kits:
We simply combined these two kits and made one complete clap-switch kit.
It's a do-it-yourself (DIY) kit: It comes as a pack of parts kit and is easily assembled if you can follow the silkscreen indicators (labels) and have beginning experience with a soldering iron. You will need to read the resistor bands or use a multimeter to determine the resistor sizes. Both the kit operate with 9V batteries.
Package contains the following components:
Clicking on the component links will also show you the steps for assembling the kit.
- 1 x PCB
- 4 x 1K resistor
- 5 x 10K resistor
- 3 x 2.2K resistor
- 3 x 4.7K resistor
- 1 x 470 Ohm, 1 x 47K and 1 x 470K
- 2 x 1N4148 diode
- 2 x 1N4001 diode
- 1 x PC817 optocoupler
- 1 x LM7805 voltage regulator
- 1 x BD139 NPN transistor
- 1 x SPDT switch
- 1 x 3mm LED
- 4 x 0.1uF capacitor (code- 104)
- 1 x 0.01uF capacitor (code- 103)
- 4 x S9013 NPN transistor
- 1 x 5mm LED
- 1 x Electret microphone
- 1 x 2 pin screw terminal
- 1 x DC barrel
- 1 x 500mA PTC resettable fuse
- 1 x 3 pin screw terminal
- 2 x 10uF electrolytic capacitor
- 1 x 47uF electrolytic capacitor
- 1 x 1uF electrolytic capacitor
- 1 x 5V relay
- 1 x 9V battery connector
Some of the reviews have been imported from previous store
Information about shipping
BuildCircuit is a trustworthy online store established in Sydney, Australia. We have been maintaining our quick shipping service since we started the store in Turku, Finland(in 2012).
Shipping information for international customers
We ship our products to more than 45 countries using Australia Post. Our regular customers are from the USA, Canada and Europe. We are currently using four different shipping methods to ship the orders to international destinations. We request you to select 'Standard Post' or 'Registered Post' while checking out so that you can receive your package quickly.
We usually ship your orders within 1-2 days. Small orders are usually processed and shipped on the same day.
Shipping information for Australian customers
All the orders from Australia are shipped on the next day at 9.00AM. Orders with Express Australia Post are also shipped on the next day if your order is placed before 1.00PM. We provide tracking code for Standard, Registered and Express Post orders only.
Australia Post has never lost any package since we started our business in Ausralia. So, we request you all to buy with confidence.
Are we reliable ? How to know we are genuine sellers ? How is your payment safe ?
1. If you make a payment via Paypal and if we don't ship, you can open a case on Paypal and ask for refund. Paypal will be on your side and they will make full refund.
2. We have been selling on Ebay also and we are TOP RATED SELLER on Ebay. Please check our store: http://stores.ebay.com.au/buildcircuitstore
3. This is our SSL seal from GeoTrust. Please click on the seal
4. We have a popular blog www.buildcircuit.com and people from all over the world read our posts. We are seriously in the business, therefore, we WILL ship your orders