Current Top Sellers
BuildCircuit is an online store for selling electronics kits and components related to Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc. We operate from Sydney, Australia.
We design and sell basic electronic kits and Arduino modules for all electronics enthusiasts.
Infrared Remote Operated Musical Bell DIY electronic Kit Using BT66 and CD4017
This product is shipped from Sydney, Australia. Worldwide shipping available- we ship to USA, Canada, New Zealand, UK, EU and Non-EU countries.
Remote operated musical bell is one of the interesting experiments every electronics hobbyist would like to make. We have made a very simple remote operated musical bell DIY kit that requires your half an hour labor to make it work. It uses CD4017 decade counter, UM66 or BT66 musical chip and TSOP4838 infrared sensor as its important components.
Basic soldering skill is enough to build the kit and it can be operated with any remote that you use for your TV, DVD, etc. The kit has a TSOP4838 infrared receiver/sensor that gets activated at 38 Khz infrared rays. It has an 8 Ohm speaker and a BT66 music chip that generates music for a duration set by the RC network on the circuit.
You will need a 6V to 9V power supply(battery) to operate the kit. Connect a battery to the kit and press any switch of your remote control close to the kit, it simply starts playing a music.
- Uses UM66/BT66 musical IC
- Uses TSOP4838, a highly reliable infrared sensor
- Can be operated with any kind of remote control- use a TV/DVD/VCD remote control
How to use the kit ?
To play: Direct your remote control towards the TSOP4838 Infrared sensor and press whichever remote key you like. LED2 remains ON and LED1 remains OFF when the music is played.
To stop: Press any key again, the circuit will stop playing the music. LED1 remains ON and LED2 remains OFF when the music is stopped.
It comes as a pack of parts kit and can be easily assembled if you follow the silkscreen indicators(labels) and have beginning experience with a soldering iron. You will need to read the resistor bands or use a multimeter to determine the resistor sizes.
The package includes 27pcs electronic components:
- 1 x PCB for remote operated musical bell
- 4 x 1K ohm resistors (Code: Brown- Black- Red)
- 2 x 220 Ohm resistors (Code: Red-Red-Brown)
- 1 x 100K Ohm resistor (Code: Brown- Black- Yellow)
- 1 x 100 Ohm resistor (Code: Brown- Black- Brown)
- 2 x 0.1uF ceramic capacitors (code: 104)
- 1 x CD4017 decade counter
- 1 x 16 pin DIL socket for CD4017 decade counter
- 1 x UM66 or BT66 musical chip. We may send any of these. These are equivalent chips and can be interchanged. Does not affect the experiment at all.
- 1 x TO-92 package 5V regulator (SF1-RK2-12)
- 1 x BC547 transistor
- 1 x BC557 transistor
- 3 x 5mm LED- Can be in any color
- 1 x 100uF electrolytic capacitor
- 1 x TSOP4838, a 38KHz infrared sensor
- 1 x 3.3V zener diode
- 1 x Thin speaker
- 1 x SPDT switch
- 1 x screw terminal
- 1 x 9V battery connector
NOTE: The package does not include battery.
As we are getting few reviews for our products, we are displaying feedback from our store on Ebay. Please leave your feedback if you purchase a product from our store. Click on the image below to see all the recent feedback
Information about shipping
BuildCircuit is a trustworthy online store established in Sydney, Australia. We have been maintaining our quick shipping service since we started the store in Turku, Finland(in 2012).
Shipping information for international customers
We ship our products to more than 45 countries using Australia Post. Our regular customers are from the USA, Canada and Europe. We are currently using four different shipping methods to ship the orders to international destinations. We request you to select 'Standard Post' or 'Registered Post' while checking out so that you can receive your package quickly.
We usually ship your orders within 1-2 days. Small orders are usually processed and shipped on the same day.
Shipping information for Australian customers
All the orders from Australia are shipped on the next day at 9.00AM. Orders with Express Australia Post are also shipped on the next day if your order is placed before 1.00PM. We provide tracking code for Standard, Registered and Express Post orders only.
Australia Post has never lost any package since we started our business in Ausralia. So, we request you all to buy with confidence.
Are we reliable ? How to know we are genuine sellers ? How is your payment safe ?
1. If you make a payment via Paypal and if we don't ship, you can open a case on Paypal and ask for refund. Paypal will be on your side and they will make full refund.
2. We have been selling on Ebay also and we are TOP RATED SELLER on Ebay. Please check our store: http://stores.ebay.com.au/buildcircuitstore
3. This is our SSL seal from GeoTrust. Please click on the seal
4. We have a popular blog www.buildcircuit.com and people from all over the world read our posts. We are seriously in the business, therefore, we WILL ship your orders