Current Top Sellers
BuildCircuit is an online store for selling electronics kits and components related to Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc. We operate from Sydney, Australia.
We design and sell basic electronic kits and Arduino modules for all electronics enthusiasts.
Here's a simple do-it-yourself(DIY) remote operated switch. You can use this simple kit to turn ON/OFF a pair of LEDs.
This has been designed basically as a learning kit. With this kit, you may learn about TSOP4838 infrared sensor and CD4017 versatile IC.
This DIY remote operated switch works with TSOP4838 infrared receiver. To make the kit work, you just need a general TV/DVD remote or you can also build your own IR transmitter. Transmit infrared signals to the sensor and the kit will turn on/off LEDs. The maximum distance between the kit and IR remote can be around 3 meters. Once you switch it on, one LED remains on until you press your remote again, which means that there are two stable states (ON and OFF).
When one LED is ON, the other is off and vice versa.
It comes as a pack of parts kit and can be easily assembled if you can follow the silkscreen indicators (labels) and have beginning experience with a soldering iron. You will need to read the resistor bands or use a multimeter to determine the resistor sizes.
The kit operates with a 6-9V power supply.
- The distance between the IR transmitter(TV/DVD remote) and receiver kit can be around 3 meters.
- The kit can be operated with any kind of remote control. Therefore, it can also be used as a remote tester.
Kit package contains 20 electronic components:
- 1 x TO-92 5V Voltage Regulator(78L05)
- 1 x CD4017 Decade counter
- 1 x 16-pin IC socket.
- 1 x TSOP4838 Infrared sensor
- 1 x 100uF Capacitor- (Voltage rating can be between 16V to 50V- causes no problem in operation)
- 2 x 0.1uF 50V ceramic Capacitor
- 3 x 3mm LED- (can be any color)- We will send different color LEDs.
- 1 x BC557
- 1 x SPDT Slide Switch
- 1 x 2 pin Screw terminal- (can be in blue/green colors)- For power supply.
- 2 x 1K Ohm Resistor 1/4W
- 2 x 220R Ohm Resistor 1/4W
- 1 x 100K Ohm Resistor 1/4W
- 1 x Bare PCB with Silkscreen Indicators
- 1 x 9V battery connector
We may send 4 color or 5 color code resistors.
As we are getting few reviews for our products, we are displaying feedback from our store on Ebay. Please leave your feedback if you purchase a product from our store. Click on the image below to see all the recent feedback
Information about shipping
BuildCircuit is a trustworthy online store established in Sydney, Australia. We have been maintaining our quick shipping service since we started the store in Turku, Finland(in 2012).
Shipping information for international customers
We ship our products to more than 45 countries using Australia Post. Our regular customers are from the USA, Canada and Europe. We are currently using four different shipping methods to ship the orders to international destinations. We request you to select 'Standard Post' or 'Registered Post' while checking out so that you can receive your package quickly.
We usually ship your orders within 1-2 days. Small orders are usually processed and shipped on the same day.
Shipping information for Australian customers
All the orders from Australia are shipped on the next day at 9.00AM. Orders with Express Australia Post are also shipped on the next day if your order is placed before 1.00PM. We provide tracking code for Standard, Registered and Express Post orders only.
Australia Post has never lost any package since we started our business in Ausralia. So, we request you all to buy with confidence.
Are we reliable ? How to know we are genuine sellers ? How is your payment safe ?
1. If you make a payment via Paypal and if we don't ship, you can open a case on Paypal and ask for refund. Paypal will be on your side and they will make full refund.
2. We have been selling on Ebay also and we are TOP RATED SELLER on Ebay. Please check our store: http://stores.ebay.com.au/buildcircuitstore
3. This is our SSL seal from GeoTrust. Please click on the seal
4. We have a popular blog www.buildcircuit.com and people from all over the world read our posts. We are seriously in the business, therefore, we WILL ship your orders